Wednesday, June 18, 2008

civic duty 3

Guilty on all 6 charges.

I'm glad I got to be part of the process even though I wasn't part of formal deliberations. interestingly, i was able to speak personally with the judge since he felt for me and all the time i'd spent paying attention to the case. this allowed me to learn a few other details about the case which was helpful.

i believe it is a good thing for all of us to consider our role in divine authority that has been delegated to us. for those of us who participate in a democracy, we are fully involved in this delegated authority. this has implications far beyond the jury duty we all may face sometime. there are implications for the upcoming elections...not so much who we vote for but that we participate at all. does this say anything about capitol offenses? even though we are told "judge not lest ye be judged," what are we to do with this delegated authority?

fun stuff. has nothing to do with my upcoming move to NY. now it's time to focus on music. i wish i knew the best tunes to use as audition material. i really don't have a clue.

No comments: