Thursday, January 21, 2010

true yorker

well, i'm a few steps closer to being a true new yorker it seems. i hadn't really thought about it and i guess it has a way of sneaking up on a person. we all want to adapt to our surroundings and feel a part of things, accepted, etc. this is normal, right? i mean, i'm sure there are some things we shouldn't adapt to, but on the whole, blending in is not a bad thing in itself.

so as i was undressing the other day, i took off my black wool coat from austria that my sister elaine gave me. then unzipped my black lululemon shell that my friend kerry gave me. then pulled off my black long sleeve t-shirt that is a bit form fitting to try and sell myself a little more around here. of course, before all this, i kicked off my black shoes that footed my gray/charcoal jeans. yeah...three layers of black just on top along with all the rest. not to mention my black scarf loosely and fashionably wrapped about my neck. i've almost arrived...

now, if i could just say "fogedduhboudit" right...

3 comments:

heiress said...

Mark, I'm thankful that you seem to be doing quite well!

vaya con Dios....
Rocio

Derek said...

So, Mark... I was just searching for fellow lovers of musical theater and ran across your blog. I read some, but what exactly brought you to New York? I absolutely love NY! Anyway, just wondering... I'm 38 and would move there in a heartbeat if my wife would have it. She's much more grounded! Anyway, check out my blog TIRED AMERICAN DREAM and maybe we can become FOLLOWERS of each other. (sounds so robotic or something...)
Take care and enjoy the city for me too!
Peace
DC

Derek said...

I just read a bit more... you're auditioning, right? I respect you for taking the leap. And the quoting scripture caught my eye as well.
Peace.
DC